Changing Laptop Batteries
Changing aToshiba laptop battery is a relatively simple process. Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet PC battery Typically, a new lithium Ion laptop battery will give satisfactory performance through approximately 500 charge-use-recharge cycles. This translates to approximately three years of working life with light-duty use.
Early laptops were run on standard AA size batteries. However, they consumed so much power that they could run on one set of HP notebook batteries for only a few hours. Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC battery The first commercial IBM-compatible laptops were small and light enough to be carried in a backpack, and could be run on lead acid batteries, the type used in cars.
The latest generations of batteries used in laptops are called 'smart batteries'. This is due to the ability of the battery to communicate with the laptop user. Unfortunately, the definition of a 'smart battery' is not universal, but varies among different manufacturers and regulatory authorities. Lenovo Thinkpad R400 battery Some manufacturers call their Dell laptop batteries 'smart' because their batteries incorporate a pre-programmed chip that sets the charger as per standard requirements.
Most 'smart' battery chargers are controlled by the parameters of the chemical cells. Lenovo Thinkpad R61 battery Once the chemical cell has degraded, the laptop battery has to be changed. In some cases, the chemical part of the battery can be fully restored but the fuel gauge may become inaccurate or other data may get corrupted. In such cases, even though the digital readout becomes inaccurate due to malfunction, the battery will still fully charge and function normally for some time. Lenovo Thinkpad R61i battery
At the end of its working life, the reversible chemical processes inside a laptop battery degrades substantially. This leads to a state where the battery is unable to provide power to the laptop unless it is connected to the main 110 Volts supply through an adopter. This means that the laptop effectively becomes a desktop. Lenovo Thinkpad T400 battery
When the time comes to change the laptop battery, it is better to buy a replacement battery from the agency, which sold the laptop. It is also advisable to request the battery suppliers to replace the battery, as they would be more familiar with the procedure.
Top-15 Laptop Battery Usage Tips Lenovo Thinkpad T400 battery
Top-15 Laptop Battery Usage Tips:
1. New Laptop battery pack must be fully charged and discharged before use.
2. New Laptop battery pack needs to be fully charged and discharged (cycled) 2-3 times before it can condition to full capacity.
3. Laptop batteries undergo self-discharging when left unused. Always store a laptop battery pack in a fully charged stage for storage.
4. Fully drain and fully recharge your laptop battery pack every 1 or 2 months. Lenovo Thinkpad T61 battery
5. Turn down the LCD brightness of your Laptop notebook.
6. Use built-in power management on your Laptop notebook.
7. Turn off LCD or other unnecessary accessories when not in use.
8. Add more RAM if you have extra RAM expansion slot, it will reduce the usage of hard drive and it is power exhaustive.
9. Close unused software in your Laptop notebook.
10. Remove unused PC cards or usb devices from your laptop notebook.
11. It is better not watch films or play graphics intensive video games. Lenovo Thinkpad T61p battery
12. Don't short circuit terminal or store your laptop battery pack with metal parts.
13. Don't drop or mutilate the laptop battery pack.
14. Don't expose to moisture or water.
15. It is normal to get warm when charging or normal use. If it is getting too hot, there may be a problem with your laptop notebook and qualified personnel should check it.
Some other useful informaiton for laptop batteries: Lenovo Thinkpad T61u battery
How long does a laptop battery last?
The life span of a Notebook battery is about 1.5 to 3 years operating under normal conditions. As rechargeable laptop battery begins to die, the user will notice a decline in the running time of the battery. Lenovo 3000 C100 battery
The Rating for laptop Battery
V(olts): The voltage of the new laptop battery should always match the voltage of the original.
mAh: It standards for milli-Amp hours (1 mAh=0.001Ah), High amp-hour ratings means a longer run-time and will not cause incompatibilities.
How to take advantage of your laptop battery? Lenovo ThinkPad X300 battery
A majority of laptop users are hardly acquainted with how to protect and take advantage of batteries. Each time they complain about the short life of battery, seldom self-criticizing in light of usage of battery. Though, the quality of battery existing, factitious misunderstanding and misusage rest one of the components.
1.The first time we receive a laptop battery, we are supposed to charge it for 12 hours. Lenovo ThinkPad X301 battery
Not necessarily at all. Nowadays laptops are set up with perfect electrics circuit and charging management systems. Once the battery is charged in saturation, the control circuit will automatically shift to turnoff. As a result, no more charging will happen.
To avoid memory effect, should we discharge the battery before charging it? Lenovo ThinkPad X200 battery
It is not necessarily to use up the battery before charging, which proves to be deleterious to the battery in that deep discharging will shorten the life of battery. It is suggested that when the resting electricity reaches 10%, the battery should be charged. On the other hand, up to 30% capacity does not require charging in view of memory effect.
When plugging in the alternating current, do we need to take the battery out to prevent repeating charging? Lenovo ThinkPad X200s battery
What we suggest you is "No". You might take the automatic discharging of Li-ion battery for example, that once plugged into the power, repeating charging and discharging will shorten the life of batteries. What I want to emphasize it that:
1.Most electrics recruits are designed in light that only when the battery electricity reaches 90% or even 95%, it will get charged. With the same capacity, it will take two weeks to one month to discharge. Lenovo ThinkPad X201 battery As a result, when in store for less than one month, the battery should be fully charged and discharged to maintain the capacity. What you are concerned should be the exercising rather than the recharging of the battery.
2. Even the battery is unfortunately charged, the loss it brings will not exceed that after long-term storage. HP HSTNN-Q78C-3
3. You data is much more important than you battery even your laptop, so think about the impact of sudden interception of electricity on your laptop and data.
How to prolong the working time of laptop batteries?
Obviously, to keep a battery in long period, you should place it in low and dry environment and set the rest electricity of battery in the condition of 40%. HP HSTNN-Q78C-4 The battery should be taken out for at least two months to ensure the good condition of the battery and prevent the damage on battery from huge loss of electricity.
How to prolong the usage of laptop batteries as long as possible?
1.Dim the laptop screen. LCD screen consumes electricity a lot. If possible, lightening the screen darkness can prolong the working time of the battery. HP HSTNN-Q81C
2.Turn on Speed Step and Power Play and other functions. Laptop processors and video chip can decrease working frequency and voltage to prolong the working time.
3.Use the hard disk and relevant software to reduce the speed. For example, NERO DriveSpeed , PowerBooster and other software can reduce the speed of CD-ROM and hard disk as well as deplete the consumption of laptops.
4. Take advantage of standby of machines, dormancy and other functions. When you are to leave the laptop for long time or dormant, you can let it standby or go to sleep to save the electricity and prolong the longevity of your laptop. HP HSTNN-UB1A
More Than What You Think Of A Laptop Battery
How laptop batteries interrelate with the computer to function properly absolutely is a lengthy process as well as manufacturing alone a laptop battery is even worst long indeed. Laptop companies are also working continuously to improve and develop such functions of laptop battery technology. HP HSTNN-W79C-5
The procedures used to bring in about laptop batteries involves a system of tests and re-tests to guarantee safety and consistency. There are an amount of components besides the battery that makes it work. There are safety fuses, breakers, thermistor, and charge electronics which all aids and gives support in the functionality of laptop batteries which you can magnificently seen inside the casing. HP F3172-60901 The battery pack casing is welded together in a detailed method and is then sent on for final check up. Different tests are documented for form, fit and function during final inspection. Once the battery passes the test, it is now labeled with a lot and date code.
The thermistor controls the resistance of the battery and informs the computer to stop charging when the battery heats up as it completes charging. Moreover, the circuit breaker facilitates and helps protect against danger and hazards caused by over charging and short circuits. HP F3172-60902
Laptop batteries are built with the finest quality battery components that can be found for suitability. Battery cells are ensured to yield the highest capacity and safety qualifications, whether the battery cell is NiHM, or Li-Ion. HP F3172A Some batteries are even equipped with their own microprocessor that communicates important charge information to the computer. Sequential knowledge about laptop batteries certainly helps you a lot for a more effective, efficient, and comfortable usage of your laptop. Now you won't just see simple and non-refundable box-shaped thing when choosing a laptop battery, but rather a "tiny-tony" that helps your laptop to run reliably and effectively. Asus S6F battery
Absolutely laptop batteries are the most complicated and regulated of all rechargeable batteries, but one thing's for sure, they are the most important battery in the field of rechargeable batteries!
How to Save Your Laptop Battery Life Asus S6 battery
I know how the life of your ibm thinkpad t23 laptop battery can be an important factor when considering a new laptop. Unfortunately, after a year of using the laptop regularly you will begin to notice the battery slowly having less and less life. This is inevitable and eventually you will have to replace the battery, but this can get expensive. So here are a few things you can do to try and save battery life on your laptop. Asus S6Fm battery
Use your battery. If you're like me and leave your laptop on the charger all the time while in use, your basically not allowing your ibm thinkad t43 battery to exercise its functions, allowing it to become lazy. After a while you may start to realize, when you need to actually use your battery, that it seems to have less and less life. Asus U6E battery Even if you have an outlet available, I recommend, once every few weeks, unplugging your laptop and allowing it to drain before plugging it back in.
Charging your laptop. This seems obvious, but you want to leave your laptop on its charger until you are leaving with it. If you take your laptop off it charger a few hours before you leave, it may not have a completely full charge, leaving you with less battery life. Asus U6Ep battery You can test this by charging your laptop completely before going to bed, take it off the charger and the next morning see if you have less battery life.
Adjust the power options. On PC's you can change the power settings to save some of your battery life. There are 3 options: High Performance, Power Saver and Balance. You can access these settings my going to your start menu and clicking on control panel. Here, you will click the Power Options icon; here you will be able to change these settings.Asus N20 battery
Your screen. The screen display takes up more than 40% of your batteries lifespan, so dim your laptops screen to a reasonable and still viewable setting, you might be surprised how much more battery life you gain. This is an easy setting to change. Asus N20A battery On your keyboard there are secondary keys that appear blue, you will want to find the keys that show a sun with an up and down arrow. Hold down the blue Fn key and tap the sun down key to dim your screen.
Remove any unused devices, such as CD/DVD or USB drives. Asus U6S battery Even if you are not using these, your laptop is taking power just knowing they are there, so by removing them, it no longer has to waste useful power.
WiFi. Your laptop is constantly sending out signals to connect or to try and connect to an Internet source. If you are not using the Internet, disable your connection until you need it, doing this can possibly save up to 30 minutes of ibm 40Y6799 battery life. Asus U6Sg battery You can test this with your laptop by turning off your WiFi settings with your laptop off the charger, check to see if your battery life changes. I did this and my time jumped from a remainder of 2 hours and 12 minutes to 2 hours and 38 minutes, gaining almost 30 minutes of battery life.
Go to sleep. If you are not using your laptop but need a quick startup let it go into sleep mode. The battery will still be used but it will save so much more then if you just let it run, but don't start it up again until you are ready to use it. Asus U6Vcm battery
5 Tips to Extend Your Laptop Battery's Life
There's been a lot of talk recently about toshiba satellite a60 battery life — we told you, for example, about how some folks thought Windows 7 was misreporting laptop battery levels, but in reality it appears that the OS is simply accurately indicating battery wear, so you can be better informed about when to replace the battery. Asus U6V battery
Your laptop battery, you see, starts losing capacity as soon as you drive it off the lot, and after a year or two you might need to get a new battery just to get an hour or two away from an outlet.
So what steps can you take to make the battery last as long as possible? Asus U6C battery Mind you, I'm not talking about optimizing the runtime on a single charge. I am talking about getting as much mileage as possible from a battery before you have to replace it just to get a reasonable runtime out of each charge. Here are a few ways you can get the most out of your laptop battery:
1. Keep your laptop battery cool. Batteries degrade more quickly when they're hot. Asus M6 battery That means you should keep vents clear — don't put your laptop on a fluffy pillow or a cushioned surface that will cover vents and trap heat.
2. Don't pack your laptop away in a backpack or other enclosed space when the battery is still warm, trapping the heat. A battery that's frequently hot to the touch will lose life a lot faster than a battery that isn't constantly being stressed. Asus M6000 battery Worst of all: If your laptop crashes or refuses to shut off properly, the battery can get extremely hot when packed away in your bag. Check it to make sure it hasn't gotten dangerously hot while stowed away over the weekend.
3. Don't charge your laptop constantly. Asus M6000A battery If you only occasionally take your laptop away from a power outlet, but leave it plugged in to charge 24/7, you're leaving your laptop in a state of perpetual charge at the 100% point — and that is bad for the battery's long-time health.
4. If you tend to use your laptop mainly at your desk, exercise your laptop battery by running it down and recharging it once or (even better) twice a month. Asus M6000C battery
5. Alternately, you might want to physically remove the laptop battery if you're using the laptop at your desk for long stretches of time. If you do remove it, don't store it in a fully charged or depleted state. It's best to store it in the middle — between 40 and 50 percent of full charge.